Has it occurred to any of these clowns that, whatever the provocation, what Israel is doing is raining death and fire down on a population that is penned up in the first place, and which literally has nowhere else to go. Not only does this one simple fact obviate all of the well-what-would-America-do-if? scenarios that get floated around, but it also renders the Israeli offensive into an extraordinarily bloody facsimile of one of those tailor-made, designer dove hunts on which Dick Cheney gets to shoot people in the face.
Republicans are scary but republicans under the age of 20 are even scarier
Yeah liberals are terrified of educated youth
did your dad tell you that
Check it out:
- Jill and Daisy can be lesbians.
- Jill and Daisy can be straight. Or bi. Or asexual or literally anything else.
- Jill and Daisy can be POC.
- Or Jill and Daisy can be white.
- Jill and Daisy don’t even have to be American.
- But Jill and Daisy can be American.
- Jill and Daisy can be in modern times.
- Jill and Daisy can be in the 1940s.
- Jill and Daisy can be in any era.
- Jill and Daisy solve mysteries.
- Jill and Daisy fight crime.
- Jill and Daisy are scientists!
- Daisy technically can be any gender.
- Jill has to self-identify as a woman, but she doesn’t have to be cis. This is the closest thing to a restriction we have on the character.
It’s up to you! Writers & artists, please do your thing.
We’ll select five artists and four writers to make a comic book starring Jill Trent, Science Sleuth, and her faithful life partner, Daisy Smythe!
Five stories! Five creative teams! One main character! One comic book!
Let’s do it!
Deadline is August 1, 2014!
Countdown: 9 days to submission deadline!
الموتُ لايوجعُ الموتى!
الموتُ يوجع الأحياء .. *
Cairo-based photojournalist Mosa’ab Elshamy caught this headline from the Monday edition of the Baltimore Sun that seems to capture Palestinian sympathizers’ frustration with mainstream media coverage of the ongoing conflict in Gaza. While Israeli combat fatalities are given up-front attention, Palestinian fatalities are brushed off as “others.”
Post with 6 notes
Jane, a straight-A student working her way through school, is walking home from her job and she’s raped. A few blocks away Francesca gets mad at her boyfriend and decides to punish him by having sex w/ a guy she just met. Both women get pregnant and want an abortion. Suppose you’re the governor of that state and you’re the only one who can approve an abortion. Which woman do you allow to terminate their pregnancy? Correct answer: Francesca. Because a baby needs a mature, responsible adult like Jane as a parent. This is the problem with letting people other than a woman and her doctor decide to terminate her pregnancy: abortion becomes a reward.
Page 1 of 619